Need ideas

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can pull up the pavers, smooth and compact the base. Add sand if necessary and replace the stones.

You may consider getting a few strong men if you plan on pulling those slabs and levelling.

Wondering how I can raise this up with the way the corner by the downspout is lasted out

Thanks for the broader view.

You need to lift at least 3 slabs and place them aside, then correct the yard drainage and redirecting it away from the corner.

Filling with earth or products that decompose will eventually compact and subside, so you'll need to compensate by overfilling, before resetting the slabs.

Then extend that downspout away from that area.

Not unless you are in the texas desert and the whole house has tilted.

Call a concrete contractor and ask for an estimate.

Or rent two matox and hire a couple of laborers.

This is, "strictly", a DIY project.

The effort to try and take out those slabs in one piece and put them back after you level the ground may not be worth it. Concrete is pretty cheap if you mix it yourself.
Got to ask, though; what's going on under there? any problems with the foundation? Water problems? Sink hole?

You also have the option of replacing with pavers.

Last edited:
You can pull and level and put them back in but it is a lot more labor intensive than breaking out and repouring. Comes down to do you have more time or money? Repouring will cost more. I've done jobs like that back when I was dirt floor poor.

Handel will be on Skype next weekend. Taking question now.

Thanks for the great response ... I think I can get a plan together with this info. My first thought is I do know some younger people trying to start a construction buisness and I may look at removing , leveling and landscaping that area. We dont use that area much.

Correcting the lot drainage and insuring that water flows away from the house, is crucial, because neglecting that can have the effect of the foundation failing.

What do you think would be responsible to pay someone to break up those slaps ...level out the area so I could plant grass and make sure the water flow is correcr?

Latest posts

Back