Need ideas

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The demo is the least of the consideration. It's the access, the haul-off and disposal, the access to the material needed to correct, its delivery, placement and method of consolidation.

As a for-instance, do you use a gardening/lawn care service who may want an extra 3 to $500?

Depending upon the ares, that may be low.

I can get hauling done... How would I get the jack hammer is that worth it if I have never done it? I could get the sand dirt here would just need to level it have never done that though... I just need someone to guide me with leveling and get / run the jack hammer would think it could all been done in a day

I'm thinking a nice sledge hammer would make fast work of that project.

Yep. Smack it once in the middle of each slab and you will instantly have manageable pieces. If you could get Chris over there like I did, you would have even an easier time dealing with the concrete.

070315i.jpg

If you know a high school or JC football player, tell them you have a compensated sat. workout for them, provide a good pair of gloves, and rent a 16lb sledge hammer.

Which will probably be equal to the cost of renting a demo hammer, and save your back.

Mow the vegetation in the area you are addressing down the the roots, and keeping in mind that the roots will slightly decompose, you fill the area 2 to 3" above what you expect to be the final grade, and spray with water.

The object is not a mud hole, just enough to moisten.

When the surface is dry, not dusty, you can walk it down, tamp it down or roll it down, and then repeat.

An alternative is to simply gently incorporate the fill into the existing vegetation. It does not suffocate the vegetation, just takes a lot longer.

Back