need replacement garbage disposal

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frederic

Reaction score
I need a replacement disposal,3/4 to 1 hp size. Are there any preferences for waste king or insinkerator brands with respect to reliability, power and ease of installation issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have always been a fan of Insinkerator disposals. Heavy duty and powerful. I have not heard of any complaints for them.

I really like the Insinkerator Evolution product line.

Kenmore, KitchenAid are made by Insinkerator. Are there any pros or cons to these brands? I've heard that these re-branded versions are sometimes inferior to the "original model". Is there any truth to this ?

I'm also a fan of Insinkerator and have never had any issues. I haven't heard anything bad about Kenmore or Kitchenaid models and they seem to be usually highly rated by Consumer Reports. I can't offer any advice on any specific models though.

Get one that reverses the rotation direction so it clears jams easily.

I ordered a 1 hp kitchenaid superba today on-line after seeing one at a local store. After reading the comments and suggestions in this forum, I decided to go with this one due to its reputation and solid appearance. Also, I researched the reviews on amazon and epinion.coms and found a majority of positive comments about this one and kitchenaid in general. I'll let the forum know how it works in a few days after the install. Thanks for the suggestions

I ordered a 1 hp kitchenaid superba today on-line after seeing one at a local store. After reading the comments and suggestions in this forum, I decided to go with this one due to its reputation and solid appearance. Also, I researched the reviews on amazon and epinion.coms and found a majority of positive comments about this one and kitchenaid in general. I'll let the forum know how it works in a few days after the install. Thanks for the suggestions

So you bought a 1-hp Insinkerator with red paint and a label on it...:D

I knew it was an insinkerator rebranded, but I also saved over $50 buying it online.

Installed today in one hour. Works great, quiet and powerful. Thanks for the help

Back