Need Some Advice on Siding Selection

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dcislander

Reaction score
Getting ready to side our home and have two options for the siding we like: Georgia Pacific Cedar Spectrum or Certainteed Cedar Impressions. At first glance, both products follow the same specs (or close to):
.100 thickness
Triple-5" configuration
Molded polymer w color throughout
Seemless corners
GP is a bit cheaper, but we worry about fading and realistic woodgrain finish. The CT Impressions were reviewed by Consumer Reports and given a great grade all the way around but no review of the Georgia Pacific product. O= I cannot find out any info about he Spectrum. I know they offer fewer colors and configurations, but that is OK.

Anyone have any insight they can offer on either product?
Thanks much all.

Google

Google is a good place to start looking for reviews :) The BBB.org comes up first and might be worth checking out.... personally never used either siding.

Google was my first resource and where I found the specs. Unfortunately, a Google search turns up virtually no information on the Georgia Pacific product other than specs. No buyer reviews, no installer recommendations. Lots on the Certainteed, but nothing I can use to compare them.

Google was my first resource and where I found the specs. Unfortunately, a Google search turns up virtually no information on the Georgia Pacific product other than specs. No buyer reviews, no installer recommendations. Lots on the Certainteed, but nothing I can use to compare them.

D.R.-

Google is good for a lot of things but not this. Forget the GP stuff, they are merely resellers, and do not manufacture themselves. Stick with the tried and true CertainTeed - they actually make their own siding and all other products and have been around for over a hundred yrs and will be here when you are long gone ;)
We have a motto in the biz... "Quality Remains Long After Price Is Forgotten".

Ron - VSI Certified Installer, using CertainTeed siding and roofing products for decades.

Back