New, fresh and mostly ignorant

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumpy

Reaction score
Well maybe not fresh, but I am ignorant. I need to find a good forum for home remodeling and I've been striking out. Is this the place or does anyone know that one Mecca of home remodeling information?

We just bought a home on 10 acres outside of Philadelphia. We bought it more for the land and location than for the 3 bdrm ranch that was initially built for the grand parents 38 year ago. It's small, 1,300sf, plus a partial finished basement. The upstairs needs the most work. The layout is bad and the kitchen belongs at the Smithsonian.

We want to remodel in a big way next year, i.e. 2nd floor loft and cathedral great room overlooking the pond as well as expand horizontally. However, for the near term we want to knock down some walls and make the place more livable for the two of us empty nesters with 2 dogs and the occasional visit from the grand baby. What would be great, is to get a good tip on some remodeling software.

That's who I am. Thanks for your interest.

Any suggestions? Am I in the right place?

Oh, and did I tell you, I'm the enthusiastic he, and she's the worrier that obsessive over everything? ;)

Hello Stumpy and Welcome to the Community:
I have not been engaged in any other home repair Fourm so, I think this is the greatest one available; being all I know.
We do have professionals in every trade here; people who know their stuff and are glad to share it. Then we have several who have learned the remodeling thing the hard way, by experience.
Yes, I think you are in the right place; come in, kick your shoes off, lean back and relax. We even have a rocking chair over here if that strikes your fancy and Janie's in the kithen making good ol' southern sweet tea. My, my how can you pass that up?
Glenn

Back