New Granite Countertops

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by Genelle, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Oct 13, 2007 #1

Genelle

Genelle

Genelle

I currently have white tile countertops and all white appliances. I am going to replace the tile with Granite, but I am not sure with which color I should go. The floor is going to be a dark wood laminate, probably something like Mahogany and the appliances are all white. The counters are now sort of an oak color, but they are going to be changed to white. Do I stick with something light, like a Venetian Gold, or go dark?

2. Oct 13, 2007 #2

Daryl in Nanoose

Daryl in Nanoose

Daryl in Nanoose

It really depends on if you like lots of contrast or the bold look, if so I would go with a darker Granit. If your trying to put some warmth in then I would go with a lighter granit with darker shades to pull it all togeather.

3. Oct 13, 2007 #3

glennjanie

glennjanie

glennjanie

Hello Gennele:
    I vote for the Venitian Gold. Kitchen work is dreary and dark, it needs all the brightness it can get.
    Glenn

4. Oct 13, 2007 #4

Daryl in Nanoose

Daryl in Nanoose

Daryl in Nanoose

Some how I missed the Venetian Gold,( should of had my second coffee lol) that would put some warmth back in forsure

5. Oct 22, 2007 #5

Undermount sinks

Undermount sinks

Undermount sinks

I agree with glennjanie. I also opt for venetian gold, it would be better if you lighten up your kitchen.

cheers!