New home owner

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtheobald

Reaction score
Hi everyone, we just moved into our home...1st time home buyers. I have used this forum, browsing, for a few months...when I rented an old farm house. Never registered. I appreciate all the help then, but now it really counts.

Our home was custom built in 1960 and needs some updating. I hope to find some help here and share some experiences with others.

Welcome to the group, congrats on your purchase. What a great time to buy if you can afford it, prices are great.

Most updating is simple, some of the 60's homes still had a closed in kitchen. If you wanted to open it up to a great room feel, it can be done it just needs more work and more research.

Welcome!

I feel we got a very good deal. The home is 3k sqft and is in a great neighborhood. It is at the top of our price range, but, the market being as it is...we couldn't pass it up. If the market ever turns around, we are sitting pretty. Also, the home appraised at $15k more than we purchased it for. We got a good deal...

Back