New Homeowner and Forum Member

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMMU

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My fiance and I just bought our first house and are in the process of setting up for the move. Changed locks and doing rug, HVAC duct, and overall deep cleanings before we start moving everything. I'm on forums for a couple of my hobbies for all of the knowledge everyone out there has, so I figured it would be helpful with taking care of our new home. Looking forward to bugging you all with questions!

@DNNU

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Nothing better than that first home feeling. Congrats on being home owners.

Check in frequently, even if it's just to read along. You never know what you will learn or when you will need that knowledge. Welcome to the forum.

Greetings. If you have a question, post it up. Don't be skeered by the old guys in here.

Hey everyone,
My fiance and I just bought our first house and are in the process of setting up for the move. Changed locks and doing rug, HVAC duct, and overall deep cleanings before we start moving everything. I'm on forums for a couple of my hobbies for all of the knowledge everyone out there has, so I figured it would be helpful with taking care of our new home. Looking forward to bugging you all with questions!
Sounds like you are off to a great start Congrats! Best advice I ever received from a home inspector was to set aside 2% of the home cost for annual maintenance and repairs...some years we used all of it others not but just having a figure to work with and keep on hand really helps when an emergency arises that a cushion exists so no excuse as to why routine maintenance or repairs cannot be addressed asap

Back