House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picturemark

Reaction score
I looked this forum up on google hoping to find advice on various home repair issues. I live in a 1949 "international style" home; flat roof, no eaves, 10 inch steel I-beam construction with concrete slab floor, steel reinforced concrete floors and roof, plaster-on-brick or metel lathe interior walls (smooth finish). Wiring's in conduit and the kitchen is original with stainless countertops and metal cabinetry. Love the house but I come up with some challenges that are not always discussed in home repair books and magazines.
I grew up with a very handy dad and granddad, and am always looking to save a few bucks trying to do projects myself.
I'm an advertising photographer by trade and love to build furniture in my spare time (less and less of it).
This house will throw a few curve balls at me so all the help I can get would be very welcome.
Thanks,
Mark

Welcome to the Community Mark:
We are happy to have you. There are professionals and seasoned DIY'ers here to help you with any questions and, I'm sure, you can help others with your experiences too.
Glenn

Back