New to house repair!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BritKnee

Reaction score
Hi! I just finished all the paper work for my new house and move in today after work. I couldn't be happier.

It is an older house on a few acres. Wood floors (beat up, paint drips, scratches), add-on mudroom (needs a lot work), stone fireplace (cracked from the bottom front, to the back and all up the side past the flue), huge windows (have been painted shut :rolleyes:), tiled kitchen (laminate squares - ugh), and a small fenced in area (i have two large dogs, thus I need a larger area).

I'd like to finish the floors, paint the walls, re-tile the mudroom and the kitchen with ceramics, unstick the windows (I LOVE fresh air), and fence the yard in. I'm not too worried about the fire place as I live in Texas. I assume I could just seal it so bugs can't come in. :confused: I'll also be adding an above ground garden because its all limestone out here. >.<

Anywho... Thats my project list so far. I'm sure I'll be back as I get unpacked and start on these projects. I have been lurking for a while. I love what some of you have done to your homes. :]

cheers!

Well, Howdy and welcome to House Repair Talk. Get them boxes unpacked and git to work! Take before and after pics and we'll be here if ya need help. It's free to all Texans on wednesday ;)

haha. Thanks oldog! I will be taking a ton of before pics! I suspect they will be up later in the week. :]

haha. Thanks oldog! I will be taking a ton of before pics! I suspect they will be up later in the week. :]

welcome, i JUST signed on my papers on thursday 6-2-11, so im in the same boat as you. brand new house, we moved in half of our stuff, and the other half will be moved in 6-11-11.

sounds like you have alot of repairs and work to do to your house!

Welcome and good luck with your repairs. Be sure to post some pictures!

Back