New to the forum and in need of help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phillip757

Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm a newbie to this forum but I'm pretty well versed in the construction / remodel stuff. I'm close to the end of completing an old house that was built around 1930. The house has been in my family since 1949 when my Dad bought this farm (along with the old house). Long story short, the house fell into disrepair and I have replaced some of the sills, most of the floor joists and lot of other stuff.
I'm into the kitchen now and I'm trying to do a retro 50's theme. I stumbled across a thread from this forum about someone trying to fit an aluminum band on their counter in their kitchen. I need to find out where I can find some of this moulding. The last post I read, someone asked the question where they could find it and after taking the time to join the forum, I've lost the thread.
Help!!

Phillip, welcome to House Repair Talk.

I think the thread you are referring to was by Bungalowbabe, the question was asked where she got the metal trim but she didn't answer. You might try searching for her user name and sending her a private message. She does stop by from time to time.

Hello,

I'm also a new member here. I hoping to learn lot more about home repairing. I think I'm not mistaking in joining here.

Thanks,
Rommel

Couple of hundred. My Brother and I are both retired and we have decided to try it ourselves this year. Nothing big, no truck crops, only grains.

restaurant epuipment people can build whatever you need or send you to metal fabricators who can if you can't find something on the market. i know that's your first choice but if you need it and can't find it, i'm sure they can fix you up. for a price. budro

Back