New to Us Central Air Conditioning System..

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorPlan

Reaction score
Back beginning of Summer we had Central Air Conditioning added with our Lennox Furnace.. The later is new to us and now that we're in the beginning stages of Fall like weather in the Evenings in Eastern Ontario .. The Question is to find an economical Setting .. We have a Touch Screen Control with a Tab for Cool To & Heat To, what should they be set at ?? Thoughts Appreciated, Cheers Thanks

Are you asking what temperature to set your thermostat at, or if it should be set to HEAT or COOL ? It is common that in the spring you change your setting to "COOL", and then in the fall switch the setting to "HEAT". Obviously, it will be more economical to set the HEAT temperature low and COOL temperature high, while still in a comfortable range.

@Steve123 ... Yes (To Cool) setting should be Higher and (To Heat) setting lower.. How much of a difference should they be ?? Unfortunately the Wife had turned down the Settings which created excess Condinsation on the arch of the Plenum leading out from the main unit , the Operating Manual was sitting in the Arch (Soaked)..

I have AC set to 25.5C (78F) and heat to 22C (71F) as a baseline, but I do adjust the temperatures depending on humidity and just how I feel that day. But what is comfortable for me may not be comfortable for you.
You may want to but a buy a hygrometer to track humidity in your house. Sounds like it is pretty high.

Does your touch screen unit have an "Auto" setting?
I run a 34F "Differential" with a 1F "Offset".

Latest posts

Back