New Toilet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toto... American Standard advertises the ability to flush golf balls and an easy clean finish. It isn't nearly as easy clean/ stain resistant as my Toto
I don't know about y'all but I don't poop golf balls. Golf balls are smooth, hard and round so there isn't anything to get stuck on the bowl.

I have American Standards, and they work OK, but too much TP and a log and it is plunger time. I find if I hold off on dropping the TP into the bowl it normally works OK. Every bathroom in the house has a dedicated plunger just in case.

Every home owner should also own a closet auger and learn how to use it.
I've been a homeowner for over 35 years now and never had to use one. Even with two kids. My dad had one, but I don't recall ever seeing him use it at our house.

Plungers can make a mess if there are solids in the bowl. The auger is my first choice when that happens.

When we had to evacuate & stay at a friend's house, he had a horrible old toilet that he'd literally pulled out of a junk pile. It was rounded bowl, very short height, & extremely slow flush. The friend's grandfather had to flush multiple times while taking a dump bc he was so full of crap. He also used tons of toilet paper (dude went through almost an entire roll per day & also stole other people's wet wipes & flushed them). He clogged the toilet to the point it overflowed. Plunger wouldn't work so I got a toilet auger.
We decided that toilet sucked & there were 2 disabled people staying at the house while waiting to get power back & I saw Lowes had a Toto Entrada on sale online & they let me apply military discount. It was "universal height" so it's about 16-1/4" high without a seat. It still has the old flapper flush but Toto said they will probably move to the tower flush at some point. Got the eco version. It's much more comfortable than the old one and it flushes quickly without splashing.

Thanks for all of your comments and apologize for the late replay. TOTO CST744SL Drake Elongated Bowl was my mother's choice. And they are so comfortably happy to use it.
Good to hear it! My disabled mother was having a harder time getting off of the CST744SG (the sanagloss version that was standard height) so we ordered the CST744EL (which is the eco version of the CST744SL). It took a bit of time to get used to the higher seat, but it's easier to stand up from & is comfortable. The new tower flush system works great even on an eco model. I think the only difference between eco and standard is the setting on the tower. Apparently there's something that can be moved to switch between eco and standard flush.
We kept the old toilet to use in a guest bathroom and might get a flush tower for it eventually.

When we had to evacuate & stay at a friend's house, he had a horrible old toilet that he'd literally pulled out of a junk pile. It was rounded bowl, very short height, & extremely slow flush. The friend's grandfather had to flush multiple times while taking a dump bc he was so full of crap. He also used tons of toilet paper (dude went through almost an entire roll per day & also stole other people's wet wipes & flushed them). He clogged the toilet to the point it overflowed. Plunger wouldn't work so I got a toilet auger.

Get that man a bidet seat! It will be the best present that he never even knew he wanted!!! Seriously, He will love it!

The grandfather can afford to buy himself a bidet seat. LOL. But I did recommend the toilet to him & told him where he could find it & at what price. The old man is no longer over there. I think he's been staying in a hotel at his insurance company's expense.

Back