New type of window.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud16415

Fixer Upper
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I thought I would post this as the guy making them lives about a mile from my old house and he has been on TV a couple times in a series they do here called Made in America made right here.

It’s a window design he came up with that is really DIY friendly and doesn’t involve any reframing or worries about is a wall you want a window in is load bearing or not.

Thought I would give a local guy a shout out.

http://www.geometricswindows.com/

http://www.huttig.com/documents/Geometrics Window Catalog_24.pdf

I would like to see instillation instructions to see if it is code friendly.
I guess you pick the spot where you want to put it and plus or minus 8 or 12 inches.
There sample over the garage will have been a truss unless it is an older house.
Other than that and info on what to look for before you cut would be nice, it looks good.

Ya you are at the mercy of where the studs are located as you don’t take any out. So that garage I would say had some preplanning to have it line up just so.

Also you would have to deal with wires in the wall and such.

People are buying them that have a dark room or corner and always wished they had a window but don’t want to rip the house apart to do it. We have so many houses here built in the last 30 years where they didn’t put a window on the sides of the house. I think they look so ugly but all the show went in the front and the rest was cutting corners.

There is a bunch of videos of installing them I haven’t watched them yet. They are molding the windows right here in town someplace.

They will be great for the flash in pan contractors or flippers but I think they will be trouble with them over time.
Newer houses will have studs in the oddest places and if you don't know why, structure will be lost.
They are just the same type as they put in metal doors.
Post a video of installation if you can.

Back