No corona virus thread???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trailrider, that sounds awful but I'm glad you survived.

I am getting tested tomorrow (had to make an appointment). Got exposed at the tire shop while getting my new tires put on. Thus far it's mostly flu-like stuff. Headache, nausea, diarrhea, mild cough, stuffy/runny nose, body aches, and stomach just being sour. I've felt a lot sicker. I think a year or two ago I had the bad respiratory symptoms where I couldn't stop coughing and started hallucinating and was confused. I'm hoping to never get that sick again.
Best wishes for a quick recovery. I do hope you have anything but covid. Please let us know how it goes.

Good Luck zannej, but I don't think you need a test. How much Vitamin C and D do you take? I would take a lot of C and lookup how much D and Zinc to take.
I would have the test. If you happen to get sicker very fast and need an ambulance, you can tell them if you have it. And of course you would tell them about your heart issue. You might get more serious treatment and faster.

Good news. Just got back from the doctor's office. Covid test was negative but I had a fever & my sinuses were inflamed. Seems to be a sinus infection so I've been put on prednisone and antibiotics for 2 weeks. I was told that just in case it was a false negative I should still continue to distance myself, wear a mask, and wash my hands frequently until my symptoms are gone.
Nasal swab wasn't so bad but it made my left eye drip & made the inside of my nostrils itch for about a minute afterward. Probably wouldn't have been as annoying if I didn't have inflammation in my sinuses.
Doctor told me to get plenty of rest and fluids.

"He has exposed how much of a Fraud he is over this entire year "

I've paid attention like most folks, but I missed the whole deal about him 'exposing his fraud'. Please post your facts, and none of that childlike conspiracy nonsense, please. Oh, and I'm not interested on somebody's take on the media, the left, the right, or any of that.

Just the facts.

I'm actually content with you not knowing.

My son has the "Vid". He lost sense of taste and smell, and had a sore throat for a day. He said it was just like the flu to him. He refused to get tested to prove this lock down is pure BS. He is on his way to Glamis to ride his quad thru the sand dunes.

Good news. Just got back from the doctor's office. Covid test was negative but I had a fever & my sinuses were inflamed. Seems to be a sinus infection so I've been put on prednisone and antibiotics for 2 weeks. I was told that just in case it was a false negative I should still continue to distance myself, wear a mask, and wash my hands frequently until my symptoms are gone.
Nasal swab wasn't so bad but it made my left eye drip & made the inside of my nostrils itch for about a minute afterward. Probably wouldn't have been as annoying if I didn't have inflammation in my sinuses.
Doctor told me to get plenty of rest and fluids.

GOOD! I had that early on in Covid where half my head was stuffed up. I call it my Covid without knowing. I inhaled enough Vitamin C to kill it off and was normal the next day.

But, which of the ," scientists" are we suppose to follow? Seems they don't agree.
Yeah, it's strange to me when people talk about science as if it's a set of permanent truths. At most, there is temporarily a general (though almost never absolute) consensus among scientists on very specific facts, at least as borne out from certain experimental conditions. This is good: if scientists all agreed on things, especially on broad statements, they'd be doing their jobs wrong. But of course we can't expect the mass public to understand how the institution of science works any more than we'd expect them to understand the particulars of housing construction codes.

I think the spirit of the sticker is supposed to be something like "I'm not one of those religious people, or one of those conspiracy-oriented people", phrased in a maximally divisive and arrogant way.

One of the strange things about modernity is that everyone has access to, and in some cases is practically force-fed, highly technical information they can't actually digest. Terms like "transmission vector" have come into everyday household use in a population with an average 3rd-grade reading level. This produces a lot of people who think they know what they're talking about, but don't.

I'm not an epidemiologist or infectious disease scientist. I would be wasting my time trying to read epidemiology/infectious disease journals. But my alternative is to trust someone to break down what those journals are saying into language and concepts I can understand, which isn't always possible. Unfortunately for most people this role gets filled by journalists or else by politicians. (I pay attention to neither and advise you don't as well.)

Well thought out Flyover, and you may have hit the nail on the head (appropriate for houserepairtalk). It explains how a person (even a scientist) can say one thing in February based on what is known, and then have to change course in April when additional facts show themselves. We are all learning about this thing in real time. And if you can't correct yourself when faced with new knowledge, you might as well stick to banging stones together.

I miss the days of Edward R Murrow when it was straight up facts and actual news and not meant to be entertainment to get ratings. It wasn't filled with speculation and opinion. I also miss the Fairness Doctrine.

I have a friend who is a journalist and she said that scientists (at least the ones she talked to) knew a lot more than the media released back in February about the spread of the virus and how to prevent it but they were told they couldn't publish that info. She talked to multiple virologists who were getting info that wasn't being filtered through politics and they knew how bad it was and she felt guilty that her news outlet wouldn't let her publish so she was warning people on social media. Not quite sure why they weren't allowed to publish, but I think it was because what she was being told directly from scientists was contradicting the messaging from the World Health Organization- who was at the time withholding information because they were afraid it would cause panic and that doctors and nurses wouldn't have enough PPE.

I'm still feeling crappy. For the first day my nasal passages were clear-- the scrubber thingies for the test actually cleaned them out so I could breathe better than I'd been breathing in months. But the mucus is back and so is the headache. Generally feeling tired and off-kilter. My balance and coordination aren't great. Mom was mad at my brother today because he was supposed to cook for her but he was too busy playing video games.

Mark, is your son going alone or will someone be with him to make sure he's OK? Even if he wasn't sick, I would hope there would be someone to be able to call for help if he has an accident.

I miss the days of Edward R Murrow when it was straight up facts and actual news and not meant to be entertainment to get ratings. It wasn't filled with speculation and opinion.
Exactly the myth I think needs to be debunked first:
As much as I like to point out the emperor isn't wearing any clothes with respect to what journalism fundamentally is, I actually think journalism today is a lot less biased than it used to be. Walter Cronkite, Ed Murrow, etc. were shameless opinionators -- they just knew to deliver their opinions in a very buttoned up way, in a calm tone of voice, a cigarette gracefully balanced in one hand so they took on the air of a professor or a wise old friend. The trick worked, and everybody thought "Wow there's a guy who's really giving it to me straight."

My son has the "Vid". He lost sense of taste and smell, and had a sore throat for a day. He said it was just like the flu to him. He refused to get tested to prove this lock down is pure BS. He is on his way to Glamis to ride his quad thru the sand dunes.
If your son didn't hlget the test how do you know he had the "
Assuming he does have the virus how does not taking a test confirming that prove anything about a lock down? And does feel like screw it, I have it, I really don't care who I give it to? I don't understand why he wouldn't want to lay low a while and get over it instead of spreading it around. Just curious.

Many people are asymptomatic. They don't feel bad at all. They are lucky, but can spread the disease. If they choose to knowingly do so because it is inconvenient for them to stay at home they are just selfish. They are the same as those who choose not to wear masks because they are uncomfortable.

If people would consider the other person instead of only themselves there might not be 360,000 souls 6' under. It may all be a hoax, but if you look at mortality rates, something is causing a lot of extra people to die.

Back