Not so nice frontage and an akward garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shibumi

Reaction score
Hi all,

We've recently bought this house. Whilst everything else is nice about it, we don't like its view from the front. It looks a bit dated and also the garage is at an akward angle which makes it jut out and seem like the most prominent part of the house! I dont really need a garage and had initially thought I'd convert this into a study/lounge but the shape is a concern.

I'm looking for any ideas on what I can do to improve the look of the house and also advice on the changes I can make to the garage. Any and all suggestions, even cosmetic ones like changing the front door or windows, painting the house, changing roofing etc.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Below is the frontview and floorplan.

Thanks

front view.jpg

ground floor plan.jpg

Last edited:
That is a really awkward angle! Maybe you could turn the garage into a patio area or sun room. As for the front door maybe one of those with more glass that would make it a little more modern.

Hello there, What about taking the garage back to where it was paralel with the house, ya you would loose that angle, and space but the look would be great. then you could make that an office space, or place to store things, and yes a front door. The house could use windows that slide side to side. instead of casement type. Thanks

Latest posts

Back