Obsolete vinyl tile reproduction

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonax

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source that can reproduce obsolete VCT/VAT tile? Thanks

Welcome Bonax:
There are stores that specialize in tile who may be able to help. You might find one close to you by Google.
If the tile is the old 9" squares you can start planning on a new floor. They are the vinyl-asbestos-tiles and are not made any more. It is also hazardous to remove because of the asbestos.
Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I am well aware of those facts. I don't think you understood my question.

I am looking for a company that is in the business of reproducing old VCT/VAT tiles. Meaning they make new tile to order, to match a pattern/color I provide.

I am looking for a company that is in the business of reproducing old VCT/VAT tiles. Meaning they make new tile to order, to match a pattern/color I provide.

Now, how much of this tile might you need? The big problem I can see looming on the horizon is that the cost of making small quantities of custom VCT tile would be prohibitively expensive.

I'd go to Amtico, Armstrong, Azrock, Mannington and Tarkett's web sites and e-mail their customer service departments to ask if they're aware of any company that does small custom runs of 9X9 or 12X12 floor tiles. I have never heard of a company that does that, and I expect it's because the fixed costs of making tiles in a particular pattern would make small batches cost prohibitive.

Back