Old house(70yo) Increasing 2nd fl electrical

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfaherty

Reaction score
Question: Is it possible to run conduit from a basement up a outside wall (anchored) to a second floor bedroom to run new circuits for bedroom outlets using wiremold???
If it is possible what type/size conduit(EMT or PVC???)/wire(Regular TTH or Romex ??) cabling would meet building codes(PA)??
:confused:
I plan to run 2 20a circuits,1 for a window ac
I know that I need arc flash breakers 20a($40) for the bedroom circuits in the main electrical panel.:rolleyes:

I have seen this sort of installation in commercial settings, in metalic and plastic. I don't think the code permits Romex in the conduit. I'd refer to the code book on that one. I'm thinking you'd need 1-inch minimum conduit for that much wire. Don't see any problem with Wiremold.

Last edited:
Just check & make sure that wiremold is rated for outdoor use

I assumed that the wiremold was for once he got into the second story. I don't think I've seen wiremold intended for outdoor use.

Ditto on the wiremold. I understood that the interior wiring will be run through appropriate wiremold.

Back