Oven remodeling

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elisamatt

Reaction score
I'm buying a house built in 1930. The kitchen was remodeled 20 years ago with "top of the line" appliances that still function very well. There is a Thermador double oven wall unit, with a Thermador cooktop. The appearance resembles something out of the "Jetson's."

Does anyone know if Thermador (or anyone else) can/does make replacment "fronts"? I'd like to use the innards of the appliances but have them appear as if they built in 1930.

Can one rearrange innards? That is, I greatly prefer side by side ovens on the floor with the cooktop (mine is a four burner) on top--like usual stoves. Can the ovens be moved to another wall location and the cooktop placed on top with the replacement front holding all of them together so essentially a stove that looks like a standard stove is built from existing component parts?

Add to that that I want the front to look like a 1930's front (reference--The AGA classic stove). The cooktop is gas, and I don't know what the ovens are--probably electric.

Thanks!

Elisamatt:

No, the only "universal fit" stuff you can get for ranges are the most commonly needed parts, like surface elements, drip pans, chrome rings, switches, thermostats, bake and broil elements, etc.

There's no such thing as "universal fit" panels you can use to put your existing oven in.

Dream on elisamatt.

You'll have to pay the price to get the "look".

Peggy

So they still work? That's amazing. I guess it's true what they say about things being build to last...

Back