Paint or Resurface?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sablescorpion

Reaction score
My bathtub has surface scratches that tend to accumulate dirt and look worse than it really is. Once I give it a good cleaning you can barely see them. Would resurfacing really be necessary or can I get away with paint and epoxy? The tub's in pretty good condition, all I want is to prevent the dirt buildup and have a clean, white tub. Anyone with any ideas? :(

in new constuction which my area of expertise if we have surfce scrathes in our tub we get the scratches filled with aenamel epoxy by a tub repair company when they are done with the tub it looks like brand new the whole process takes about an hour and runs about $75.00.

After you get it fixed, keep it waxed like it's a new Corvette. There are waxes available with Teflon in it. Very tough protection and will seal small scratches so the dirt will not get as ugly as quick.

Eagle One , is available at Wal-Mart. It's great, goes on easy and comes off easy too.

Tom in KY, with waxed and extraordinarily shiny fingernails.

Once you wax your tub if you have glass enclosures around it apply some "Rainex" and it will keep the scum monkeys off the glass.

Back