Paint/Stain/Marker Pen, etc. To Hide Surface Damage On Polished Concrete Floor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synthfreek

Reaction score
I am prepping my house to sell and have a few spots on my floor where the surface layer has some minor damage. I've attached a photo of a damaged spot (approximately 4" across) along with an undamaged area. I plan on laying down some Zed polish over whatever I do to these spots. Can anyone recommend a specific product & color I can use for a quick fix? I figure ANYTHING I can do will look better than its current state. Maybe just rub some grey stain with rag? Hell, I don't know what to do to achieve that speckled/textured look.

Attachments

• IMG_1855.jpg
    IMG_1855.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1856.jpg
    IMG_1856.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 11
Anything you try to do without redoing the whole floor will stick out like a sore thumb.

Thanks, I smeared on a little black stain that I recently used for another project and wiped it off resulting in a little bit better appearance and covered in Wet Look Zep. It will have to suffice.

Out of curiosity what happened? We are soon to take possession of our first home which has polished concrete floors throughout, just want to try to avoid it if you had any tips.

Out of curiosity what happened? We are soon to take possession of our first home which has polished concrete floors throughout, just want to try to avoid it if you had any tips.

I left that big spot alone and just used Zep Wet Look over it. For the smaller little chips, I used a little black stain and rubbed it in...let it sit just a bit and rubbed it off with a cloth. It left just a hint and it really helped. It is by no means perfect, but I didn't want to spend a ton refinishing/repairing the floors for someone else to enjoy. Put Zep over that and called it a day. My house sold for $30K over asking, haha.

Congrats. I was more so wondering how did that stain/damage get there in the first place, what happened to damage the floor?

Congrats. I was more so wondering how did that stain/damage get there in the first place, what happened to damage the floor?

I left something wet there, can't remember what, but when I lifted if up after it had sat there a while and dried a layer of the floor came with it. My stain method would likely only work halfway decent on the little nicks and chips and not what I showed a photo of.

Latest posts

Back