Painting interior and exterior doors

Discussion in 'Painting Forum' started by milbry18, Jan 27, 2011.

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
  1. Jan 27, 2011 #1

milbry18

milbry18

milbry18

I have been putting off painting my wooden six panel unfinished doors and 2 exterior metal doors for years now since I replaced/ remodeled the house. I was considering buying a Wagner power painter but have been scared off by the reviews on the internet. What do you guys suggest I use?

2. Jan 28, 2011 #2

joecaption

joecaption

joecaption

For just a few doors that's going to be a pain and there all going to have to come off to do it.
    Id's just make up some wedges so the door stays open until the paints dry, remoce the door knobs and tape off the hindges with 2" wide painters tape, install the tape then cut the excess off with an exacto knife. and paint them in place with a sash brush for the low areas and a foam roller for the rest.
    Make sure to lightly sand the metal door and only use acrilic latex paint, not oil based.

3. Feb 5, 2011 #3

milbry18

milbry18

milbry18

any other suggestions from other painters?

4. Feb 8, 2011 #4

designer-fixit

designer-fixit

designer-fixit

check out some of your local paint stores, they are always comming out with new product to help with unusual or difficult painting project...... just make sure you do them by hand, i really do think that you will end best results.

Best of Luck from GSP

5. Oct 11, 2011 #5

MadisonLee

MadisonLee

MadisonLee

New Member Sponsor

you can surely check out from your nearby paint stores..you will surely find some good remedy..but be sure that you buy Eco-friendly paints only..