Paper drywall tape coming loose

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same with watching someone complete the finish coat on a plaster wall. They make it look so easy. I once tried to follow along and gouged that wall all to hell.

Most pros we see here use different people for, hanging, taping, filling and finishing and beading and then sanding, and we try to be as good as all of them, the first time out.

I have seen a lot of pros that would just make you sick at how easy they make it look, but I have never seen one using mesh. I do watch how they do things and their tricks and then see if I can come up with some way to do my own tricks to get there. Just lately I watched a guy using corner bead with paper on it, that looks way to easy compared to metal beading.

exactly:clap:

I have seen a lot of pros that would just make you sick at how easy they make it look, but I have never seen one using mesh. I do watch how they do things and their tricks and then see if I can come up with some way to do my own tricks to get there. Just lately I watched a guy using corner bead with paper on it, that looks way to easy compared to metal beading.

The bead you refer has to have a spray adhesive applied behind it to bond well.
The only time I will use mesh tape is on repairs and should be used with hot mud.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Drywall-Corner-Bead-Spray-Adhesive-61/100321153

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back