patio fire ring

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racsan

getting in gear
Reaction score
youve seen those outdoor patio fireplace things that go from 50-100 bucks, ive built my own out of a heavy truck rim and some metal lying around the farm. welded a disc blade to the inside to cover the hub hole and lug holes. the "hand holes" are 50% covered to let air in for the fire. could also be filled with dirt and used as a planter. the legs are cut-down fence posts with flat washes welded to the bottom for feet. its heavy, about 104 pounds.
project001.jpg
project002.jpg
project004.jpg

Looks good! You might be able to stack red brick around it just leaving an inch or so air space so the brick won't get too hot and pop, to dress it up in the yard. Might want to try a good hot fire and not stand too close, I don't know how hot a brick can get before it will pop. As a planter, the brick could be set right up tight. My welds look like a chicken pooped things together, and pecked a few holes for good measure.

as soon as my "fire starter" pinecones get soaked up with enough K-1 to be effective.

Looks pretty good. A campsite that I use has something very similar to what you made. Works great.

lThat there looks like something I would make too.
The rim you have also happens to be the ones they sell grates for cookin on. I got mine at a campground for 8 bucks...dual purpose.:D

Great Idea! Give the same reults as the exspensive ones. Let's get cooking!

that is awesome! i love using scrap for projects. i recently made a coat hanger out of a sprocket, u joints, and some diamond plate i had lying around..

Not that I particularly care to hear other peoples' safety warnings myself, but I'm not sure I'd want to eat marshmallows roasted over any fire that could be burning that white paint. Does look neat though, and would make a nice fire for warmth outside in the fall/winter.

Back