Pavers in an enclosed patio

Discussion in 'Decks & Patios' started by jujubee, May 15, 2013.

1. May 15, 2013 #1

jujubee

jujubee

jujubee

I have an enclosed patio with a horrible concrete job that is also the footing for the exterior walls. Could i demo it out and put pavers? I think i would cut along the footing and keep it then put paver sand and pavers to make the new floor. There is electrical conduit that i will need to keep under the floor for the hot tub. That is why i want pavers in case i need to access it later. Does this sound do able?

2. May 16, 2013 #2

nealtw

nealtw

nealtw

Contractor retired

Welcome to the site. Yes that sounds reasonable, you can't just go over top?

3. May 16, 2013 #3

jujubee

jujubee

jujubee

Thanks for having me. I guess i could paver over it i would just have to leave an opening for the underhouse vent and leave a step down for the sliding glass door

4. May 16, 2013 #4

nealtw

nealtw

nealtw

Contractor retired

The top of the door would be to low, you need the eighty inches there. I think I would be doing or looking at re leveling, taking out the concrete would be some task.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO09piKqdo0[/ame]

CallMeVilla likes this.
  5. May 17, 2013 #5

jujubee

jujubee

jujubee

Yeah good idea i think i will throw down some leveling compound then tile over it. Is that stuff an easy 1 man job? Never used it before?

6. May 17, 2013 #6

nealtw

nealtw

nealtw

Contractor retired

If this was a patio first it may have a slope so self leveling may not be a good idea. If it's not to bad, you could just play with the depth of the mortar when you tile. With a long straight edge you could map out where the lumps are. You would start at a high spot and just add mortar to give you a straight floor, maybe not level.

7. Jun 26, 2013 #7

katypaver

katypaver

katypaver

Concrete pavers might not be the right choice. YouÂ’ll probably have to replace the interlocking floor, which may not be structurally sound, if you want to convert the patio to a room of the house.