Peeling Paint

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akshay

Reaction score
Hi All,

Can someone help. I've just painted a wall in my house but I accidently scrapped the wall a few hours later and now the paint has peeled away like paper on a section of the wall. The wall was bare plaster which I primed before I started painting with my main colour.

How do I repair the peeling paint?

Welcome Akshay,

I've done this same thing before and it can be a prolonged fix. The best end results have come from doing the following. Carefully remove all loose paint, reprime the area, apply drywall mud until level, sand area to wall quality, remove all dust from the wall area, prime, then repaint. This is just my method. Your methods may vary.
hth, Doug

jdougn's aproach will certainly give you a perfect end result. You can take shortcuts if your OK with it not being perfect. (Like behind some furniture or something)

The key is to remove anything loose and make sure the surface is clean before priming and painting. The mudding/sanding step will eliminate seeing any surface irregularity caused by peeling paint. if the paint is well adhered this edge could just be sanded a bit, cleaned, primed and painted.

Back