Pella Windows Single Hung Vertical Sliders | Upper Window is Sagging

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostdog

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying t find how to fix the sagging windows in our home. 95% sure they are 28 year old wood Pella windows. I have found many videos how to to adjust the counter balance but none of these videos or instructions I have found are for our windows.

I wrote Pella to see what can be done and this was their responce "Unfortunately, due to the age of your product, there are no parts available to service your product. We recommend that you contact your local Pella Showroom for a quote on unit replacements. The nearest showroom to you is located at XXXX"

I replied with: "Why would I replace our Pella windows with new Pella windows? You don't service the ones we have so I must just assume that we would end up in this same predicament in the future."

If anyone can help with a how to fix the sagging I would greatly appreciate it. Here are a few pics. If anything else is needed please let me know.

attachment1677424425160.jpgattachment1677424408615.jpg

Hello,

I am trying t find how to fix the sagging windows in our home. 95% sure they are 28 year old wood Pella windows. I have found many videos how to to adjust the counter balance but none of these videos or instructions I have found are for our windows.

I wrote Pella to see what can be done and this was their responce "Unfortunately, due to the age of your product, there are no parts available to service your product. We recommend that you contact your local Pella Showroom for a quote on unit replacements. The nearest showroom to you is located at XXXX"

I replied with: "Why would I replace our Pella windows with new Pella windows? You don't service the ones we have so I must just assume that we would end up in this same predicament in the future."

If anyone can help with a how to fix the sagging I would greatly appreciate it. Here are a few pics. If anything else is needed please let me know.

View attachment 30050View attachment 30051
You are having trouble with Pella because their warranty on window units of that vintage is 10 years on parts, and they are probably correct in saying that they have no replacement for said window. 28 years for a wood window is actually pretty decent performance, and if they are still operating properly, count your blessings. Andersens of that age would be crumbling in front of you.

These are compression jambs, and if you are able to remove the sashes, then remove the tan plastic liner you see, you will see a line of foam along the length of the jamb, and springs. Your only option here would be to see if you could find a supplier that can match the spring in the compression jamb and you could replace it with a like spring that gives you the tension level you need.

Outside of that, unfortunately, you are out of luck.

Back