Pet stained floor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tylersloan

Reaction score
Hi
If you seen my other post you know I just bought a home and I'm renovating the place as I live in it .
Well have a question regarding my wood floor the carpet was peed on by a dog over the years and we had the carpet cleaned but it still stank so today I removed the carpet and seen that the floor is black in spots can I just re sand and re finish or will they always be black ? Would love to save it if I can

image-3549421632.jpg

Tylersloan said:
Hi
If you seen my other post you know I just bought a home and I'm renovating the place as I live in it .
Well have a question regarding my wood floor the carpet was peed on by a dog over the years and we had the carpet cleaned but it still stank so today I removed the carpet and seen that the floor is black in spots can I just re sand and re finish or will they always be black ? Would love to save it if I can

What's the white stuff paint?...
Your probably better off getting a professional in there so they can tell you if it's able to be sanded down and polyed.

I don't think we will be able to give u a answer with that photo.

I agree, a professional isn't a bad idea at all. If you are really concerned about those black spots. Looks like a lot of work ahead of you.

Back