pill bug or cockroach?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryce

Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone tell me what these are?
They keep coming from the drain or from the wood window sill in the shower.
SANY0042.jpg

SANY0044.jpg

SANY0047.jpg

I thought they where cockroaches but now someone says it's pill bugs.

here's a better picture been dead for a while
DSC_9355.jpg

They look like pill bugs. Just type "pill bug" into Google and you'll see.

we always called them rolly-pollies

There are lots of makes and models of Roaches, but those don't look like Pill Bugs either. The scales on the back don't look as uniform as a pill bugs. But then again, I'm no bug expert.

well, they are definitely not cockroaches. so i guess they are pill bugs

Def roly-polys. I thought everyone had those things around. They usually hide under rocks and stuff around here (east coast) Seems like they are pretty much everywhere.

The are definately pill bugs. I see them on my roof all of the time while I am cleaning my gutters.

That I believe to be a roach/pill bug hybrid. Pill bugs are amphibious, that thing is flatter and moves quicker than a pill bug I know this. To leave whatever body of water in abnormal for pill bug. It is not any shade of gray, has either a milky or transparent yellow color yes? Enhanced speed, flat body, and it DOES NOT roll into a ball yet it is segmented. It is a new hybrid species, I have been looking for a confirmation that these "hybrids"existed else where and were not a mere illusion of the mind, note I can further my research.

dpennnash: welcome to the site.
bryce: If they are come from the woodwook in the house, what have you done about that.

Yes well that was a rental, i am glad to be out of there. The problem was leaks and wood around the house which became infested with these bugs. The bathroom had wood in the shower.

Back