Pipe Poop

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddytron

Reaction score
Ever since I did my bathroom remodel, all my sink aerators keep plugging up with crusty calcium scale. I have to remove the aerators on a monthly basis and remove this poop. Is there any way to get this crap out of my pipes quicker than what I've been doing? or will I just have to keep taking my faucets and shower-heads apart and picking out the crud?

Only since the remodel? What all did you do in the remodel? It sounds like you've still got the old supply lines made from galvanized? You may need to update to copper lines or pex pipe. Or maybe you already did this?

All my pipes are copper. I had to re-route the supply lines to my tub and sink. I originally thought that the heat of soldering just loosened up the calcium in the pipes, but now i think I may have a bigger issue.

Hmmmm.... alright..... Is this problem just in the bathroom that was remodeled or throughout the house?

Mainly effects the kitchen and the bathroom in the basement (straight below the remodeled bathroom) it got the master bath once, but hasn't effected it in a while (took out my toilet in there)

I've been thinking on this for the last couple days and I honestly don't know what to tell you. I'm stumped. I wish I could have been more help for you.

*Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Have you talked to the people living in your area about it. What is the main from the road made out of.

Back