Pocket door lock issue

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxdad118

JOAMOS
Reaction score
I have a fairly new pocket door where the lock mechanism doesn’t quite work. The mechanism seems to operate like it should but the angle of the ‘hook’ doesn’t seem correct? This is as far as it rotates so it can be locked but you can simply push the door open and as if it isn’t? Not sure if it’s a defective mechanism or what? Any ideas? Does this look right?

E18FFF82-BF4D-4ACF-A32D-919E6CCD0FF7.jpg

5F0BA3BF-286C-4CFE-98AB-C4654F1B6B20.jpg

You may have success by either raising or lowering the door until the latch falls correctly onto the striker bar.

I can see it go over the striker but that angle on the inside hook is not sharp or squared off enough so it simply slides over the striker? That handle portion turns freely from stop to stop? Do you or somebody on here, have a picture of theirs to compare what it should look like? I’m considering taking a small file and squaring it off more...can’t get any worse, right?

If you are going that route, just unscrew the handle on the door and try to replace it with a new one from Home Depot of Lowe's. The entire door handle is about $12.97, here is one at Home Depot.

prime-line-pocket-door-hardware-n-7239-64_400_compressed.jpg

Back