Post up your Tow rig and/or Trailer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rustywrangler

What are you towing with???? What do you tow??? Post up your tow rig and/or post up your trailer and what you are hauling...........

I have two pickups and two trailers. I have some pics of my 99 supercharged f150 pulling my flatbed here. I will post pics of my 2006 f250 pulling my 22 foot haulmark enclosed trailer when I get home.

laurelscamera003-1.jpg

laurelscamera005-1.jpg

here are some pics of my other tow rig from when I went to utah to pick up my 67 stang.

Picture002-2.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

btw that car in the picture above with my red truck is what the 67 looked like on the way to the media blaster.

here are some pics of my other tow rig from when i went to utah to pick up my 67 stang.

picture002-2.jpg

picture001-2.jpg

btw that car in the picture above with my red truck is what the 67 looked like on the way to the media blaster.

pls... Show us some pictures.....

I posted this picture on the thread about project cars. I just picked it up from the body shop and haven't done anything else with it. It will be a long term project.
67stang.jpg

I have been working on the shop this year mostly. finished the bathroom which was a major expense, and just this weekend poured the first of three sections of concrete I intend to have in front of the building. the next two I will do next year. so then I will have 22 feet of concrete all the way across the front of my 60 foot building for parking, washing cars basketball court etc. slowly but surely it is coming along. but I only have so much extra money at a time so like everyone else I have to prioritize.
:thumbsup:

mustanggarage

That sure looks like a super paint job on that Pony.;)

Keep us posted when you get working on her.:)

I do see you work just like me.

Not by borrowing money at high interest rates.

Thomask

mustanggarage

That sure looks like a super paint job on that Pony.;)

Keep us posted when you get working on her.:)

I do see you work just like me.

Not by borrowing money at high interest rates.

Thomask

yes I was very impressed with the job he did. I left it in his shop for about 3 years. told him no hurry and I would just pay him a little each month so that it would be paid off when it was done. cost a bit more than estimated but the panels are very well aligned it is very smooth, the underside is all coated with pickup bed liner so it should be rust resistant and quieter. can't wait to gather up the parts I need to finish it. but it is for my 12 year old so I have a few years to get it done. I just hope gas is still available then. lol.

I could use a tow bar for a CJ 7. I have seen ones go for 100.00 dollars and ones for 600.00 dollars.

Any suggestions.

I know Rusty will kill me for mentioning this, but if you have a Harbor Freight near you, you can pick up one for about ~$50. Then, add a few welds for strength, and you should be good to go!

i don't tow anything anymore, but here is my old Jeep towing my boat, which i don't have anymore, and my jet ski, which i have but is for sale.

100_8235.jpg

000_0745.jpg

I found a Reese brand tow bar for a little over a hundred at local auto parts store and saved on shipping. Installed the two bumper mounts and she seems to track well. It seems to do the job and not hard to remove when not needed. I am adding safety chains and magnetic mount tow lights.

Mostly trucks that are in trouble will be towing with the other trucks.
But i like the pictures.. cute..

the ranger is a '93 4.0 4x4 5 speed manual has 3.73 gearing and gets about 19.5 mpg at best on the open road. the trailer is a '03 haulmark 6x10. 8' tall overall, 6' inside roof height. the bad news is that even with the V-nose front, i get only about 12 mpg when towing it, even when empty. the wind resistance is just overwhelming. in town its no big deal, but out on the open road 50-55 is all the more you can really go or it just sucks down even more fuel. the truck alone will do 90 on its own, once for fun on a long open empty streach of road i thought id see what the truck would do top-speed wise with the empty trailer. in 4rth gear with it floored, it got to about 74 mph after a 1/2 mile. wouldnt go any faster but the engine temp was on its way higher than it would normally go. really puts a load on like a drag raceing parachute. its used for my wifes craft shows when theres more than the truck will hold, moving friends, winter lawnmower storage, summer snowblower storage, kind of a "mobile shed" most of the time. had a thought once of a small-scale transit operation, but i think id need a bigger truck, in therory it was a good idea. ive also thought about starting a "mobile shop" with it. i could be a traveling mechanic, have all my tools with me and even have a generator and air compressor inside. right now its got my snowblower in it along with a bunch of parts off a S10 blazer im parting out. i do really like being able to stand up inside it without hitting my head. i upgraded the lights to l.e.d. assy's.
Katiepics254.jpg

nofilenameslected007.jpg

searchresults.jpg

nodatafound_25.jpg

1031006.jpg

aUG202122012.jpg

I could sure put that trailer to use!

Latest posts

Back