Post Your Kitchen!!

Help Support House Repair Talk:

rbm328

Reaction score
WHAT GREAT KITCHENS! hope ours turns out as good as some of yours!!
we're in the middle of doing our kitchen. electricians and drywallers have already been here. we had a wall removed and another two widened.
We're going to go with LillyAnn Cabinets. RTA Cabinets: Wholesale Kitchen Cabinets and Bathroom Cabinets - Lily Ann. They're RTA's (ready to assemble). Has anyone heard of this brand? a LOT cheaper than Wellborne (we went to their factory). It will be a chore to assemble first and then install, but we also went to the LA showroom outside Atlanta and the cabinets are very nice and not the cheap particleboard, they're 1/2" solid wood.

zannej

Reaction score
Hamberg, while I like the color & style of the original cabinets, I have to say the layout, appliances, and countertops are definitely an improvement. The space looks much more functional. Very nice wide fridge. I think the next time I get a new fridge I'm getting one without an ice maker. We don't have the water hooked up anymore & we never use the icemaker anyway. The double ovens are very nice too. The large island is great.

zannej

Reaction score
My friend is working on some changes to his kitchen. Moved the fridge across the room and is going to install a butcherblock countertop and another cabinet. Base cabinet is in place and butcherblock is loosely on. I'm working on getting it all sealed up but we need to get more lumber.

This was before I painted the cabinet and trim (which is only loosely sitting there and will be ripped down to fit)
butcherblockpreseal.jpg

And this is it now (the formica had to be cut back because it broke.
butcherblock1st&base2ndcoat4.jpg

Hamberg

Reaction score
Hamberg, while I like the color & style of the original cabinets, I have to say the layout, appliances, and countertops are definitely an improvement. The space looks much more functional. Very nice wide fridge. I think the next time I get a new fridge I'm getting one without an ice maker. We don't have the water hooked up anymore & we never use the icemaker anyway. The double ovens are very nice too. The large island is great.
Hey @zannej - water in the fridge door was "almost" a deal killer for the unit we have; there is an ice maker in the freezer section but we don not use it much as there is a 24" clear ice maker in the island and we added an instant hot and water filter to the prep-sink.

Hamberg

Reaction score
Here are some before and after from a job we just finished. Foreclosure property we rehabbed. (we get paid to take pictures :O)) so it is tough to see the bad quality and workmanship from the before pics.

And that 90's tile was hiding some decent hardwood.

IMG_1293.JPGIMG_1289.JPGIMG_1287.JPGIMG_1284.JPG

zannej

Reaction score
It looks nice, Hamberg!

I went over to sand and put a 2nd coat of butcher block oil on my friend's counter. Couldn't stay long since a perishable package had arrived at the post office. I need to upload the pics later.

Latest posts