Post Your Kitchen!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spicoli, they are Vincent D'Onofrio level roaches. LOL. The DE took awhile to kill the fire ants too. I wonder if it's bc the climate here is so humid/damp.

Havasu, looking good! I remember you redid your kitchen a few years back, right? I like how well sealed everything is to protect from spray paint.

Eddie, I think it depends on how well it's installed. The formica seams on my counters are horrible, but they were an amateur DIY job.

As an aside, bit Reflectix and moving blankets installed to keep the heat in. Kitchen is already warmer than usual.

That's some big a roaches! I don't even need to look up his name, been a Full Metal Jacket head for decades.

Moving blankets... Good idea!

@havasu, Your kitchen is becoming quite elegant. If one ever contemplates selling a house a well designed kitchen is a definite plus. It's amazing how much family life is centered around the kitchen.

I meant to say "put" not "bit" but cold fingers and cats climbing on me. LOL.

I still remember Vincent from Adventures in Babysitting. He was the car repair guy the kids called Thor. I need to re-watch Full Metal Jacket. Been decades since I saw it.

I figured moving blankets are quilted and thick & we've used them to block drafts in the past.

Havasu, the kitchen looks beautiful! I like how the countertop goes up the back wall as a backsplash. Looks good that way.

That's some big a roaches! I don't even need to look up his name, been a Full Metal Jacket head for decades.

Several times in 1971 I did communications work at the real Tien Sha Marine Base rather accurately depicted in Full Metal Jacket and located just outside of DaNang Vietnam and next door to our POW Camp. Only recently I discovered that Donofrio from Law and Order is same 'crazy guy' who shot drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket. I remember the name because there was a Donofrio in my brother's school class...

I meant to say "put" not "bit" but cold fingers and cats climbing on me. LOL.

I still remember Vincent from Adventures in Babysitting. He was the car repair guy the kids called Thor. I need to re-watch Full Metal Jacket. Been decades since I saw it.

I figured moving blankets are quilted and thick & we've used them to block drafts in the past.

Havasu, the kitchen looks beautiful! I like how the countertop goes up the back wall as a backsplash. Looks good that way.

I like Vincent's Psychology, breaking down suspects in Law And Order as well.

I like Vincent's Psychology, breaking down suspects in Law And Order as well.
Me too. I recognized him as "the bug guy" when I saw him on that. He was also in a weird move with Tony Shaloub and Gary Sinese. D'onofrio was some sort of military/law enforcement type & Sinese was a guy they suspected of being some sort of robot or alien or something. I believe it was called "Imposter".

To try to keep this on topic. This is a rough crappy sketch of the layout of my kitchen. not to scale. Fridge near the book case is unplugged now. The round table is down at the workshop being pained and there's an end table there.
MyKitchen.png

Current layout of friend's kitchen. Fridge got moved to a corner. Stuff like the trash can and a little end table are currently sitting where he plans to put a dishwasher and butcherblock countertop.
fridgefeb2021.jpgfridgefeb2021-2.jpgsinkcabsfeb2021.jpg

Finished. All soft close cabinets, oversized drawers with undermount soft close, lots of detail moulding, new appliances, etc.20210220_200544.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. And my blisters have almost healed

Very nice project! I have never used undermount slides and normally just build a simple box w/o insetting the bottom. Will undermount slides work that way or is the inset required?

Undermounts needed new, full width boxes, increasing storage about 40%. Here are a few pics of under and over shots16139524649397360436424686989435.jpg1613952565889652192201904551412.jpg

Kitchen rehab - before pics

Attachments

• IMG_9148.jpg
    IMG_9148.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9149.jpg
    IMG_9149.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9153.jpg
    IMG_9153.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9154.jpg
    IMG_9154.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9159.jpg
    IMG_9159.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9162.jpg
    IMG_9162.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9172.jpg
    IMG_9172.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9164.jpg
    IMG_9164.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9176.jpg
    IMG_9176.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 9
Thanks! pretty much did the whole house over the last couple years. Cubitac Dover Shale for the cabinets and the counters are Quartz
Thanks, I was considering matte black for a kitchen island I am building but the shale has a certain elegance about it. I think I will use the Dover drawer front design as well.

Back