pouring concrete floor in crawl space

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 8x16x2 patio blocks will run under $1.50 a square foot. It will be tough to beat that for coverage. Termites break their teeth on them and no gasses come out of them. They will also last to the end of time, at least our time.

It is also a great fitness thing bringing them down the stairs 2 at a time.

The 8x16x2 patio blocks will run under $1.50 a square foot. It will be tough to beat that for coverage. Termites break their teeth on them and no gasses come out of them. They will also last to the end of time, at least our time.

It is also a great fitness thing bringing them down the stairs 2 at a time.

What about for someone with a bad back? Now I need to convince someone who has a good back to move them.....

Maybe you could use a thick rubber mat like a truck bed mat, or maybe some of those interlocking rubber floor mats.

Maybe you could use a thick rubber mat like a truck bed mat, or maybe some of those interlocking rubber floor mats.

Interlocking floor mats might work, but they are not very durable. Truck mats are very heavy.

There are garage floor interlocking tiles that are pretty rugged. Flexing might be a problem.

I used ⅝ OSB for wheelchair ramps that lasted a couple of years in the weather with a lot of foot traffic. I would go thinner (maybe ¼) for crawl space. I suspect it would last a lifetime over a vapor barrier in crawl space.

I didn't think pressure treated wood inside the home was a good thing due to offgassing.

I think most pressure treated wood uses various forms of copper as the preservative so off-gassing seems unlikely. Ask the dealer for the specific material you are buying. If, as seems likely, the dealer doesn't know, contact the manufacturer. For sure though, you need to be even more careful not to inhale the dust.

I think most pressure treated wood uses various forms of copper as the preservative so off-gassing seems unlikely. Ask the dealer for the specific material you are buying. If, as seems likely, the dealer doesn't know, contact the manufacturer. For sure though, you need to be even more careful not to inhale the dust.

This is why I am going with plan spruce 2x4s. I know what it is, and I also know how I am going to do it, and it will be done in such a way that water should not be an issue.

Latest posts

Back