precast steps

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chetc

Reaction score
i have a precast steps i purchased 45 yrs ago when i build my home. it has about 6 steps and a landing about 4 ft long, after all the years i shows its age, i power washed it and some aggregate show slightly, i want to paint it, i see drylok has a floor paint, and rustoleum epoxyshield, i know there are probably other paints that i am not aware of, but are these 2 choices a good product.

chet

No experience with either, but I know the Rustoleum product has had issues with hot tires lifting it off of garage floors. That shouldn't be a problem with your steps. I've only seen it used in garages and haven't been impressed with the results mainly due to the product peeling due to hot tires. It doesn't seem to be slippery when wet. Professionals seem to have better luck with the products available to them, and likely due to their better surface preparation work.

I have a set of pre-cast fiberglass steps that I pressure wash every year and they are also looking rough and I have been thinking of painting also.

I also am not sure what to use so I will be following along.

Back