Premixed Thinset/grout

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamweaver

Reaction score
Hey :eek: Im new to the forum.. We are in the process of fixing up our guest bath in out 1940's home. We just took up all othe old tile and are now replacing it with new tile. I read on another post that the premixed thinset and grout are "junk", but the thread was closed and I couldnt ask them anything about it. :confused: Do any of yall know if one is better than the other? or easier? Ive aleady bought the premixed stuff, but I cant return it and get the other if I find out that it's not as good.. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :eek: We dont need anything else to go wrong in this bathroom redo!! Thanks!!!
-Holly:D

I always use the thin set and grout that you add water to. I look at it like this, tile is a permanent flooring and one should use the best material since nothing worse than having to repair it which usally dosent come out as good not to mention its very hard work. Also I put 2 coats of sealer on after 72 hours even if its the kind of grout with sealer built into it.
As the saying goes "better safe than sorry"

Thanks :eek: I think I am going to go with the kind that you have to mix yourself.. It may be a few days now though because Im having issues with trying to get the bathtub in. :mad: It starting to get REALLLLY frusterating! Thanks again though :O Hopefully it'll be done sometime in the near future!

Back