Pressure Treated?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rincon

Reaction score
YellaWood is not as green in color as some of the other stuff. Should I worry about the green stuff for building my deck around my pool and wanting to stain it later? Just seems like common sense to me that the greener stuff would not show the stain as expected as the YellaWood might. I think you can get YellaWood at HD. Maybe it doesn't matter but thought I would get others opinions.

I have also gotten different opinions about how to build my deck. When laying the deck boards should I push them up close to each other or leave a small gap. Pressure treated shrinks as it dires right, but does it shrink enough for me to butt them up to each other so that when they shrink the gap will show later?

Thanks

Lay your deck boards spread out in the sun for a day or two and then you'll be able to butt them edge to edge w/o worry. I suspect that further drying will provide you the correct gapage need to avoid standing water. I laid a deck for my brother who insisted that I space fresh treated lumber when laying it down. Now he has anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 gaps in the deck.

Thank You kok328. I like learning from others mishaps. Took me a long time to learn that though.

Back