pressure washer advice

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bungalowbabe

Reaction score
I just bought a small pressure washer, a Ryobi 1700 psi. Of course the manual advises to use only detergents designed specifically for this purpose, and of course, they are pricey. I have some "Buckeye" brand "Straight-Up" which is a neutral pH cleaner purchased from a janitorial supply store. It's a concentrated product - dilution of 1 - 3 oz per gallon depending upon light to heavy cleaning.

Could anyone advise me, first, whether it's okay to use this product, and second, whether (and how much) I need to dilute it before filling the tank on the machine?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Holly

Don't know about whether it would harm the machine but for the mix. But a measured amount of water into the machine and run the machine into a bucket or buckets until that measured amout is gone and then you could figure the mix that machine will do for you.

Thanks, nealtw - I wouldn't have thought of doing that. The dilution ratio is not given in the manual (because they want you to use their own product) and my concern is whether using full strength solution for this experiment will mess up the pump.

Anyone else have any advice?

Thanks again,

Holly

Latest posts

Back