Prioritizing repairs

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by shan2themax, Oct 16, 2018.

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating:

1. Nov 4, 2018 #21

shan2themax

shan2themax

shan2themax

Lol... I forgot the picture! Haha.
    Before and after

Attached Files:

2. Nov 4, 2018 #22

Snoonyb

Snoonyb

Snoonyb

Thanks.
    The installation appears to serve the purpose, however, there should have been a flashing at the top, and another thing to keep in mind is the requirement of 10% of the floor area, in openable light and ventilation.

shan2themax likes this.
  3. Nov 7, 2018 #23

shan2themax

shan2themax

shan2themax

Yes, I've got to buy something for the top.... the right hand side is totally open 10 feet wide, there is only her layers of plastic. She was going to have windows but wouldn't move her stuff.
    So 10×20= 200... 20 would be 10%. I have a 10 foot widex8 foot tall section open.... am I understanding you correctly? So I can tell my boys on their next day off?

4. Nov 7, 2018 #24

Snoonyb

Snoonyb

Snoonyb

Generally, openable ventilation is via a, or multiple openable windows, such as a 5' wide X 4' high, or a door such as a 5' slider.

The windows are installed from the outside, not the inside.

5. Nov 7, 2018 #25

shan2themax

shan2themax

shan2themax

Yeah I get how they are installed but she has boxes and totes floor to ceiling, and a few pieces of furniture up against all four walls and bulging onto the screens...
    So. We couldn't really do much else... and trying to motivate by boys to do anything involving my mom is difficult. I am hoping that boxing it in will make her see that she has to change.....

Attached Files:

6. Nov 7, 2018 #26

Snoonyb

Snoonyb

Snoonyb

Change.................you mean addresses?

7. Nov 7, 2018 #27

shan2themax

shan2themax

shan2themax

Well, while that would be much less stressful for me..... doubtful that will happen because of income. I did drive by a trailer park in the area and there are some run down ones that I'm going to call about and see if they are cheap..... the lots rent is $225 I'm not sure the utilities she'd have to pay.... I'm thinking just electric and maybe gas
    This is my oasis.... where I try to keep my sanity (yes it gets messy at times

Attached Files:

8. Nov 8, 2018 #28

Snoonyb

Snoonyb

Snoonyb

You have several alternatives, one of which is an ultimatum. Another is reasoning, such as, property is and gains or looses equity based upon its relative appearance and upkeep with the realty comparable's in the area.
    The reasoning comes in asking, what is the positive value the hoarding has contributed to the equity of your ownership of the property?

9. Nov 11, 2018 #29

shan2themax

shan2themax

shan2themax

You know, I hadn't tried the property value question..... I talked to health department and they sent me a letter to be able to show
    Her in an effort to maybe open her eyes. I'll probably show it Monday. I just wrapped up 13ish hours of homework and have the same tomorrow. ..
    It seems I've developed an ulcer and I've had lapband, so I had to go to a few dr appts this week.... I have a test next week and some blood work and I have to have a tooth pulled. Then the week of Thanksgiving is surgery week. So, I waited till today to do the bulk of homework for 2 classes tomorrow....
    Also, I called the estranged spouse and told him that due to surgery I was not going to be able to pay his electric bill or buy groceries and such..... it didnt go over well... but I had already spilled the beans to his parents (he told them I left to care for my mother..... 23 months ago) and made arrangements for them to take over that stuff.... I'll be glad when that situation is over with. He has a ss disability hearing coming up I just found out about today. I'm prayerful that he will get it so he can be on his own.
    Shew..... I'm worn out typing all that....
    Goodnight!