Privacy Fence Screening

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanMark

Reaction score
I was looking how to properly install privacy screen over chainlink fence. Do you secure ,cable tie each groment? Also what do you do to finish edges should material need to be cut?

I’ve seen the plastic woven type of privacy screen installed with zap straps at about every other grommet but it looks half done like that. I think if you were to install it permanently then you could use metal rings or black zap straps ( not clear, the clear ones are not UV resistant). And I would fasten at every grommet for looks alone but also to lessen the strain on each fastener.

There are many types of privacy screen. Can you post a picture of the type you plan to install?

cable ties don't last outside. If you had to cut it I would probably crimp on a thin sheet metal edge and install a grommet in that then bolt it to the poles with C clamps that work for poles. The wind is going to turn that thing into a kite though so you might want to look at something that takes some of the pressure off the whole thing and distributes it a little more evenly.

https://www.amazon.com/Fenpro-Chain-Fence-Privacy-Arctic/dp/B01FG8DHAU?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1
I was looking how to properly install privacy screen over chainlink fence. Do you secure ,cable tie each groment? Also what do you do to finish edges should material need to be cut?

If you wanted to have a permanent fence, cable ties won't work on that. If you have the budget, you can use metal and do wield it. Or if not, you can use metal rings for a plastic woven type of privacy screen.

Back