Quad Outlet in Single Gang Box

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given that you said..."What is the design load, any agency approvals, ETL or UL?". It's hard to believe that your context of "agency" meant all or any local, state, regional or federal code enforcement departments.

In context, "any agency approvals," are defined by comas, as separate.

The point is, if the intent to establish a level of legitimacy to compete in the bldg. industry as a recognized supplier, UL, ETL and CSA approvals and listing are a prerequisite to agency approvals.

Were the intent be to simply develop a product that would be acquired by another, your reward will be commensurate with the front end progress you have accomplished.

Irrespective of that, I have never implied that I was referring to them. I have clearly been talking strictly about testing labs.

I know and thats why I was more interested in the broader application process, and Its pitfalls.

While you seem to still believe that even UL has some type of use approval authority, it's my belief that they don't.

You can't even backquote that, because their approvals are a function of their business model and are a prerequisite of a product being listed by them.

If it doesn't, they can't prevent it from being used.

Except that it cannot be used in a building, because an approved testing labs listing must be included in the application for building use approval.

They just don't give it a UL label. Any Government enforcement body could deny use, if the item was even subject to inspection.

Every government agency has a listing of all products approved for use, in buildings.

Are you getting all this, Eric?
Just tell them to stop when you've had enough:rofl::banana::banana::rofl:

haha! Isn't this what forums are all about?!

I've got my two cents but I think I'll keep out of the way on this. What I will say is that my partner and I have been in product development for over 20 years between the two of us and the products we help develop, manufacture, and distribute are all tested by an agency of sorts depending on which country they're being sold into. We're very familiar with the process and feel confident that we'll be able to work with the requirements they set forward effectively.

Looking forward to more input from you guys!

Regards,
Eric Forti

In context, "any agency approvals," are defined by comas, as separate.

The point is, if the intent to establish a level of legitimacy to compete in the bldg. industry as a recognized supplier, UL, ETL and CSA approvals and listing are a prerequisite to agency approvals.

Were the intent be to simply develop a product that would be acquired by another, your reward will be commensurate with the front end progress you have accomplished.

I know and thats why I was more interested in the broader application process, and Its pitfalls.

You can't even backquote that, because their approvals are a function of their business model and are a prerequisite of a product being listed by them.

Except that it cannot be used in a building, because an approved testing labs listing must be included in the application for building use approval.

Every government agency has a listing of all products approved for use, in buildings.

You actually believe that the government knows if every piece of equipment in any particular building has been approved for use? You actually believe that all parts in a building have been listed by a testing agency? You actually believe that every item used to construct a building is on some master list that gets reviewed and approved before construction? Clearly you are delusional and that's why this argument has become pointless, although I'm sure most have thought it happened a while back. I spent 30 years in the electrical industry. From Purchasing Agent to working with tools in the field. As an outside Salesrep to commercial, industrial, oem and contractor accounts. The facts are that companies sell non listed products in the US, that distributors sell those non-listed products, contractors install non-listed products and the "agency" inspectors have no way of knowing if every product used is in fact listed. In fact, it's especially true with a building that's just being maintained. The company in charge of maintenance for the building has no oversight on what they use for new or replacement parts. So keep your blinders on and you go right on thinking what you want. You're more interested in trying to prove your comments are defended and using twisted logic to attempt it. Say what you want, because I know you need to have the last word, but I'm done commenting on this thread.

Say what you want, because I know you need to have the last word,

Only to clarify some of your presumption and assumptions, which, given your background, displays only a cursory knowledge of the process required in attaining legitimacy in the building industry.

You actually believe that the government knows if every piece of equipment in any particular building has been approved for use?

If it applies to their responsibility, HEALTH & SAFETY, absolutely.

You actually believe that all parts in a building have been listed by a testing agency?

AGAIN! As a prerequisite to applying for agency approval, when it applies to HEALTH & SAFETY, absolutely.

You actually believe that every item used to construct a building is on some master list that gets reviewed and approved before construction?

AGAIN! As a prerequisite to applying for agency approval, when it applies to HEALTH & SAFETY, absolutely.

Clearly you are delusional and that's why this argument has become pointless, although I'm sure most have thought it happened a while back.

So, it's pointless to enlighten the broader audience about the actual process, the pitfalls and the hoops that need to be jumped thru?

I spent 30 years in the electrical industry. From Purchasing Agent to working with tools in the field. As an outside Salesrep to commercial, industrial, oem and contractor accounts. The facts are that companies sell non listed products in the US, that distributors sell those non-listed products, contractors install non-listed products and the "agency" inspectors have no way of knowing if every product used is in fact listed. In fact, it's especially true with a building that's just being maintained. The company in charge of maintenance for the building has no oversight on what they use for new or replacement parts. So keep your blinders on and you go right on thinking what you want.

Didn't you mention morphing and contorting?

You're more interested in trying to prove your comments are defended and using twisted logic to attempt it.

So, even though I've worked both sides of the counter and have presented before ICBO, have slightly more than a cursory knowledge of the process, and have imparted that, here, I'm using twisted logic.

but I'm done commenting on this thread.

Yes dear.

Eric

Sooner or later the dust will clear.

Although I can’t help you with your funding, I did take a look at your page and it was nicely done. I do hope you got some insightful input from myself and others here that will help with moving forward.

Looking forward to walking thru home depot in a year or so and seeing the theOUTlet display in the center of the electric aisle.

In closing I will offer a free slogan you can feel free to use if you want.

“theOUTlet is popping up everywhere!” ;)

Good Luck

Eric

Sooner or later the dust will clear.

Although I can’t help you with your funding, I did take a look at your page and it was nicely done. I do hope you got some insightful input from myself and others here that will help with moving forward.

Looking forward to walking thru home depot in a year or so and seeing the theOUTlet display in the center of the electric aisle.

In closing I will offer a free slogan you can feel free to use if you want.

“theOUTlet is popping up everywhere!” ;)

Good Luck

bud16415,
You just may see us using that slogan ;)

Thanks for all the support!

Regards,
Eric Forti

I just thought I would drop by and burst the bubbles.
Getting a patent in one country, some country's or every country, do you have the resources to fight the people that will steal the idea.
The big companies will block your attempt to sell to big box stores and wholesalers. The usual response from the buyer won't be that simple, they will just tell you, " you just don't have enough SKUs"
The bigger companies will just change a few things so that you will have trouble proving it was totally your idea.
If you are lucky we will see you on TV and you will send us two if we pay for the extra shipping and handling.
Roberts win with his suit against Sears is not the norm and it took close to 20 years.
But I do wish you all the luck. Neal

I just thought I would drop by and burst the bubbles.
Getting a patent in one country, some country's or every country, do you have the resources to fight the people that will steal the idea.
The big companies will block your attempt to sell to big box stores and wholesalers. The usual response from the buyer won't be that simple, they will just tell you, " you just don't have enough SKUs"
The bigger companies will just change a few things so that you will have trouble proving it was totally your idea.
If you are lucky we will see you on TV and you will send us two if we pay for the extra shipping and handling.
Roberts win with his suit against Sears is not the norm and it took close to 20 years.
But I do wish you all the luck. Neal

Neal in a patent historically you have a number of claims made. The broader the claims reach into your invention the greater the protection the patent affords you. If anyone infringes on your claim you have the right to sue, and in most cases in the USA it is a process yes but one you will most likely win and receive a very equitable settlement. New patents that are on an item that will most likely be something if someone copied were based in the USA are one thing. Today most things are made overseas and shipped here even with foreign patents if you can afford them are almost impossible to enforce outside the states. There is so much knock off stuff out there it shows up some of the time before the real product. You are better off to patent if you want and just go into business and forget about the rest of the world and do your thing and do it better than anyone else IMO. Leave it up to the market place to figure out who’s making the best quality per dollar product because you will almost never make the lowest dollar product in these cheapened up knock offs.

If your claims work around others with a similar product by slightly changing this or that and the original holder still has his wide claims that doesn’t give the new guy the right to make something almost exactly like yours as he is infringing on many of the claims you hold. The ones that end up winning the most are the lawyers.

I didn’t look up Eric’s patents or the past art of such an invention but having done enough patent search work it is almost the case with products like this there are all kinds of prior art they reference and I would be surprised if there wasn’t similar things going back 50 years or more. Pretty much I would search a patent these days just to see what was still current that I might be infringing on and if there is ample expired patents covering what I wanted to build just go for it.

Back