Question about my furnace

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyB

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I had my 40 year furnace replaced a month ago and its running great but have a question on it that Im sure somebody will know the answer to.

There are now 2 pipes that come out of the house 1 for the exhaust and 1 for cold air?? What exactly does the cold air one do? my old furnace didnt have that? is it something to also do with the high efficient units or safety?

Because upstairs I still feel the air being pulled thrown the cold air vent, and thats why I was wondering what that other one coming from outside did.

Thanks for any help

Jeremy

Hi Guys

I had my 40 year furnace replaced a month ago and its running great but have a question on it that Im sure somebody will know the answer to.

There are now 2 pipes that come out of the house 1 for the exhaust and 1 for cold air?? What exactly does the cold air one do? my old furnace didnt have that? is it something to also do with the high efficient units or safety?

Because upstairs I still feel the air being pulled thrown the cold air vent, and thats why I was wondering what that other one coming from outside did.

Thanks for any help

Jeremy

If they are both plastic pipes then one would be the stack taking burned gas out, and the other would be the burner air. Has nothing to do with the air movement in the house. In a new home they do put a fresh air that goes from the out side into the return air, but normally we don't do that in older homes.
Paul

Thanks Paul for clearing that up. Yeah they are both plastic. I knew the one was the burned gas exhaust. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back