Racoons ate my goldfish!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerrylib

Reaction score
Well, it's been right about two years since we moved in and inherited a pond full of goldfish. A few nights ago, they vanished.:eek:

When we let the dogs out late at night, they proceeded to bark bark bark bark........ Usually they just let out a couple barks to let the neighborhood know they are out. Then they proceeded to want to be let out again and again.

The next day at lunchtime, I was out by the pond and noticed one of the plants was missing. Actually had been pushed into deep water. Then I noticed a distinct lack of fish. HMMMM Now I'm starting to guess what was making the dogs so neurotic.

Now I get to decide what to do w/ the pond.

Do I bleach it and kill off the green slimy stuff and clean it up and start fresh?
Do I just pull it up and fill it in? (This may be the way I go. Have 2 kids 4 and 2 1/2 that I would feel better about not having the pond to worry about)

KerryLib

Hello KerryLib:
I vote for the second option. If something did happen it would be too late and leave you with only a lifetime of regrets.
Glenn

Latest posts

Back