So my girlfriends dad built a shed next to there house and wanted electric ran to the shed. Well I have electrical experience so I offered to do it for him as a favor as long as he bought all the materials. So I decided I was going to splice and outlet they had on there front porch because that was the easiest option (as it seemed to be anyways). So when I spliced the outlet and ran the other wire to the shed, I hooked the outlets up in the shed that he wanted and so I wanted to give them a quick test. I go to the breaker box and flip the breaker back on for the outlet that I had just spliced. When I went and checked the voltage at the outlet I spliced I noticed I wasn't getting anything, not even the slightest amount of voltage. I took the outlet covering and stuff back off and unhooked all the wires. I then took my multi meter and touched the two original hot and neutral wires that were there to begin with. I got absolutely nothing. At this point I am stumped. I know its not a bad breaker because that run also powers the living room outlets and tv. I just don't know how the outlet could go from working to not working just like that and to not even be getting power or any voltage from the original wires.... I don't know what to do or where to even start. I checked every thing I possibly could at the time and I still didn't find a solution.