Reattaching separated baseboard

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asvk

Reaction score
Hey folks,

DIY full noob here. I have a separating baseboard problem (please see the attached photos). My guess is that I need to replace a wall anchor, but how do I figure out its size? Shall I do anything with the hole first?

Never dealt with wall anchors, wall drilling or anything like this before, so please, please try to be thorough.

Attachments

• msg122151660-806324.jpg
    msg122151660-806324.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
  • msg122151660-806323.jpg
    msg122151660-806323.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 0
It is not very common in the states to use anchors to attach trim. Given what you show in the photos I would first use a vacuum to clean behind the trim and then use a construction adhesive to glue the trim back in place. A few dabs to the anchors and maybe a dab between anchors between the trim and wall should do it.

Thank you for the response, bud16415!

If I understand you correctly, you suggesting putting special glue ("liquid nails"?) on the anchor. Do you mean a few dabs or completely filling in the empty space between the anchor and the wall?

Thank you for the response, bud16415!

If I understand you correctly, you suggesting putting special glue ("liquid nails"?) on the anchor. Do you mean a few dabs or completely filling in the empty space between the anchor and the wall?
I don't think you would need a lot. you could put some on the anchor and even in and around the hole in the wall.

I ended up using "UHU Repair All Power Kit" -- when looking for construction adhesive, the consultant recommended me to try this two-component glue. Their YouTube video showed multiple use cases and one of them exactly matched my purpose. The trim is firmly fixed now :)
4502666_001.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 21.33.49.png

Back