Rebuilding the deck after F-3.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally done with the deck project as of today. I fixed the sag in the doors and installed new screen, painted the hinges and latches with por15, installed the downspout and touched up the stain here and there. I got 90% of it done before the heat arrived, but the last few days have been brutal. The thermometer on the deck went over 100°f just about every day the last week. I worked in the shade as much as possible, but I'm still a little crispy. Gald to be done. Next project will be an inside job.;) Firewood will be nice and dry once this heat leaves.Deck 7 6 19 7.jpg Deck 7 6 19 8.jpg Deck 7 6 19 9.jpg Deck 7 6 19 11.jpg Deck 7 6 19 10.jpg

I was just scrolling quickly through this so apologies if it was already mentioned, but I really like the way the basketweave pattern of the deck boards echoes the brick/paver pattern down below.

Thanks Flyover. It's been there for about 32 years now & I never noticed that until you mentioned it. Cool.;)

Back