Recirculation Pump Question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drlvegas

Reaction score
I had a Grundfos recirculation pump installed in my house a while back. It didn't seem to help a whole lot, but some. There is a shower past the sink where the valve was installed that we haven't used for a long time. We now want to use the shower again, and there is no hot water. Is it because the valve is installed before the shower? Is there a solution?

Thanks

I believe your problem more than likely is the lack of use on the shower.
Newer valves are pressure balanced Which provides anti scald protection. In most cases keeping the temperature +- 3 degrees.
When a valve is not used it is not uncommon for this pressure balancing valve to lock up.

Can you provide the make and model # of your valve or, if unknown a picture...
There are different designs of different valves so in order to tell you how to fix it we would need that information...

Thanks for the response.

To find the valve do I take off the handle and the plate behind it?

Is the probable fix going to be something a relatively handy(although by no means a plumber) guy can manage?

I wonder if when you installed that circulation pump did you insulate the hot water pipes that your circulating that water through? I hope your not trying to heat your house in the summer with your hot water pipes.

Can you provide the make and model # of your valve or, if unknown a picture...
There are different designs of different valves so in order to tell you how to fix it we would need that information...

Back