Refinish Kitchen Cabinets: Where to put knobs?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suncouch

Reaction score
I am refinishing and updating these very traditional kitchen cabinets. They will be dark wood, but I am removing the ugly brass backplate and handle. I would like to put a knob on th edge of the door (or I am open to a pull) but because of where the moulding is, I think a standard 1.25 inch knob would look funny since it would almost overlap the moulding or the edge of the door because this area is much more narrow than in other doors I've seen. But perhaps that would be better than putting it on the inside of the moulding? Any suggestions are very appreciated! I attached a few pictures to illustrate. Thanks!
kitchencabinet2.jpg

kitchencabinet.jpg

There are pulls out there that have a real small base on them and look like they would fit those doors. I have doors with lots of ribbon molding on them and my pulls have the small base. I got them from the cabinet guy but have seen the same pulls at Home Depot. HD has a huge selection of pulls. Why don't you take one of the doors with you so you can get a good fit?

Back