Refrigerator Water Dispenser Has Very Slow Flow

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeezix

Reaction score
Whirlpool Model # 10657572790
SN: SH0741866
Bought: 1995

Over the last year or so the water flow out of the water dispenser has slowed down to a trickle. Takes about a minute to get 8 oz of water. :eek: Water flow into the ice maker appears to be normal. Not sure where the problem lies so I came here in hopes of getting some suggestions.

Well, no. I have not. I didn't know the refer had a water filter. Thank you for your tip. I'll check it out.

Just FYI... you may have to look at your owners manual to find where the filter is located. Sometimes they are in the refrigerator compartment, and sometimes they are below the refrigerator. You can search for your model number on the internet, or go to repairclinic.com and enter your model number, and then search their parts for "water filter". They often have videos for many appliance repairs.

I checked with appliancepartspro.com. The icebox doesn't have a water filter.
The problem is most likely a clogged water line from the water solenoid to the water outlet (cost = $60) or a defective solenoid (cost = $90). I don't think the solenoid is the problem because water does flow, and I don't have any water leaks. In any event, for $60 I think I'll wait until the Better Half starts to complain about the water flow.
Thank you for your suggestions!

Latest posts

Back